Looking to get more clients? You don’t have to go far for help. The best way to attract new clients is by engaging your current clients. Referrals are the tried and true way of growing your business. The best leads you’ll ever get are from happy, satisfied clients who tell their network of your services. When your client gives you a good referral, they sell your new prospect on the benefits of your services. Raving reviews can ultimately result in sales. When the referred prospect shows up ready to buy, all you have to do is deliver!
Yes, it can be just that easy.
The key is getting your clients to spread the word and actively promote your products and services. It’s a fairly easy process, and what I’ve found is the easier you make it for them to engage, the more success you’ll have.
1. Just Ask. Most people are willing to help others and often they are already thinking of someone who would love your product or service just as much as they do. Establish a policy in your business to ALWAYS ask clients, “Do you know of others who may want to use our services?” Then provide them with an easy way to share this information with you. If they offer names, ask the person if it is okay for you to contact them personally or would they prefer to pass your business card along to them.
2. Give to Get. Offer incentives for referrals. Most people love gifts and incentives. The key is to engage all parties. If you own a salon, you can offer your client half price services when they bring a friend with them. Or you can create a 2 for 1 special, family and friends promotions, etc.
3. Provide Top-Notch Excellent and Thoughtful Services when you have recurring clients whom you have become friendly with. Wow them with a special surprise that shows you value their patronage.
4. Share Socially. On your website, place social media sharing buttons in plain visible site where it’s easy for your clients to spread the word with others. Add this line above or below your share buttons to increase your chances of getting referred:
“Love our products? Share with your friends.”
5. Say Thank You: Follow up with a simple email, postcard or a call to say thank you once the product or service has been delivered. To further the success of the personal contacts, do the following:
- POSTCARD: Say thank you and offer a free gift when they return with a friend.
- EMAIL: Say thank you and provide a link to forward your services to their friends (with a special code discount)
- PHONE: Give a sincere “thank you” and remind them to tell friends and family about your business and services.
Many companies plan “friends and family days” in their marketing calendars to attract new customers. Some offer cash incentives or deluxe services and extra products. You can also host an event and ask your clients to bring guests. There are countless ways to engage with your clients and ask them to bring in their friends next time.
Always remember, as long as you are providing top-notch quality service that leaves a lasting impression, your clients will gladly sing your praises to others.