It’s the beginning of the year and we have set our intentions to start strong and finish strong. The key to making this year successful, when you look back 12 months from now, is making daily progress.
Most New year resolutions or goals are set with change in mind…
- I want to lose 20lbs
- I will start being on time
- I will drink more water.
- I’m going to save $5000 in my personal savings
- I’m going to start a business
These of course are great aspirations. However, if you want to them to be achieved, then you’ll want to pay attention to this simple foundational system that I learned over the years.
Anything built on a solid foundation can withstand obstacles and resistance. So, let’s start the year with strong foundation that we can build upon all year long to achieve great success!
Okay, so what I’m sharing, you may have heard before, but maybe not in this context. So just keep an open mind and make a conscious decision right now that you will take action!
Say this now:
“I will take action on to create a solid success foundation for 2018!”
Go ahead, I’ll wait….
Now, let’s get started! Here’s 5 secrets to crushing your goals this year.
1. Success starts with a powerful vision. Write in your Success Journal, what you are here to create. Write a vision that compels you to action. Something that gets you excited about life and your business. Keep in mind your goals and write a vision that encompasses each of them. Consider how it will make you feel to accomplish them and the impact your success will have on the rest of your life.
This kind of vision will pull you forward. It will keep you excited about making daily progress in your business and life.
2. Determine your reasons for reaching success. As we go through the year things may come up to distract and discourage you along the way. You can stay the course with fire and focus when you have strong enough reasons for what you are attempting to accomplish. Your reasons to achieve are deep-rooted motivation that will keep you moving towards the goal.
In my own life, I have found that once I have written my reasons why I want to accomplish a goal and set my non-negotiable standards…then the answers start to show up! Yes, every time I commit to achieving a certain goal, the right people, opportunities and tools always present themselves.
Go through your goals list, pick the top ten you want to focus on now and write out the reason why this goals is important to you and why you want to accomplish it.
The more you dig deep with your goals, the more real they will become to you.
Register for the The Entrepreneur Prosperity Tour here
3. Schedule time for Success Interaction. There’s a distinct increase of power, perception and progression in your life when you set yourself in a success-infused atmosphere. Sure you can (and should) use books and audio programs to keep you inspired. We need these things to work on our inner game. Everyday I listen to positive information that move me closer to reaching my goals. I also plan several trips to conferences and workshops throughout the year.
These events are extremely empowering and beneficial to goal achievement. There’s a different feeling and energy that you experience only when you’re live and in a room full of like-minded go-getters who are just as emotionally, spiritually and financially invested in a greater outcome.
To put it simply. Consider listening to your favorite artist sing a song on the radio. Now imagine hear her sing that song live in a stadium with 10,000 fans singing along. That concert feeling is unmatched!
Your follow through for reaching your goals is fueled by the same emotional intensity. So it is up to you to pursue opportunities to attend events that will inspire and motivate you to dream big and go big in your business and life.
4. Review your goals and vision often. Create a hyper-focus on achieving your goals by reviewing them often. I take my big vision and break it own into a weekly vision so that I can make continue progress towards my goals.
In the Success Journal, we have sections that are dedicated to helping you focus on your goals and visions. Here’s how I use them.
- Every month, I re-write my 101 goals list in a fresh new journal.
- Every week I write my vision for the upcoming days ahead.
- Every week I add pictures and words to the weekly vision page so that I have a visual of what my upcoming week will look like.
It takes only about an hour to complete these pages. I like to do mine on Sundays when I’m relaxed and focusing on the week ahead.
When you take time to see your vision often and imagine your goals already achieved, your brain will become hyper focused on achieving the results that you want.
5. Raise your standards. Let’s be real, it’s easy to make a goals list. But when you’re tired of carrying them over year to year with no results, you’ll need to make a significant shift on how you see yourself. Raising your standards is you creating new boundaries for yourself and committing rise up to that standard and stay there.
To raise your standards, you have to eliminate the excuse. Set a bar that is higher and then work at achieving it.
Setting a new standard means declaring a certain goal is a must-have or must-do in your life.
I remember when I set a goal to fly only first class. I was actually sitting in first class on my way to an event. In that moment, I realized that I only want to fly first class and I would do what it takes to make it happen. When I got home I created a vision page for flying first class, created an affirmation and started declaring that I only travel first class where ever I go. I changed my engagement requirement to include first class tickets. I had my agent only look for first class tickets for travel.
And guess what? I didn’t always have to pay first class rate. There were many things that happen from free upgrades to discounted rates and so much more opened up for me to fly first class.
I raised my standards for travel and everything else changed around me to achieve this goal.
Want to crush your goals this year? Set new standards that require lasting change. Whether it’s in your business or personal life, when you decide that something must happen for you, you create new rituals to achieve this standard.
In journal, write: What are my new standards for 2018?
Now let’s consider your new rituals that are necessary for success. Major goals are achieved when minor things are in order in your life. I have a few posts here and here where I share some of my own rituals.
We all have rituals-daily habits that we do often. They are either moving you closer to your goal or keeping you stranded in a state of mediocre.
New standards often require new rituals. Write out what new rituals you will put into your life in order to reach your new standards.
Now it’s time to take immediate action.
The key to feeling good about your life and business this year is knowing that you’re making constant progress. Progress is reassurance that good change is happening and we’re moving ahead. If you implement these five strategies into your life right now, I know for sure that you will have your best year ever!