Are you using social media to grow your business?
With social media you can grow your audience, promote your products and reach your ideal client without hardly spending a dime. Your customers are tweeting, Facebooking, Instagramming and pinning on Pinterest. Social media is an integral part of communication in our lives and it should be an integral part of your business.
Using free social media platforms you can quickly expand your customer base with new people reaching an audience outside your current mailing list. You can also get know your ideal client and learn how to better service them. You can interact with your audience, get them engaged and entice them to connect with you further.
I’ve seen several businesses successfully attract new client and grow sales from using Facebook and Twitter. Now with a growing number of niche social networking sites, you can easily connect and become a resource for people who want your product and services.
Consider the following tips to grow your business using social media:
1. Start with one platform. Where do you spend most of your time? Is it Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or Pinterest? Start with the one you are most comfortable with once you are comfortable using it you can easily integrate the others.
2. Connect with your ideal customers. Join groups on Facebook, follow people on twitter or select categories on Pinterest that you may find ideal as your target audience.
3. Establish your presence online. Facebook allows businesses to have a page. Create one for your company or yourself, if you are representing your brand. You can also use your personal profile.
4. Join the conversation. Once you’ve made new friends get involved with what people are talking about. Respond when others tweet you. Re-post things that you may find interesting. Ask engaging questions. Keep the conversation ongoing
5. Share a piece of yourself. Share thought provoking, engaging information. Share photos and videos that relate to your business in some way. Give snippets of advice or an inside peek into what you do. People will trust you the more they get to know you. Put some thought into what you post and make sure you are relating it back to your business.
6. Drive traffic to your website with interesting posts. In order to build your list and attract new clients you will need to direct the traffic to your webpage. Use contests, free giveaways, and your blog to encourage your social media buddies to visit your site. To get a good idea on how to create these kinds of posts is to observe what others have done. Scroll through your time line and find businesses that you follow, observe how they write their posts and lead you to their sites. You should even favorite the ones you like the most or put them in categories, so that you can be inspired by their example.
7. Stay consistent: The key to building relationships is that you have to be consistent. Post something everyday. You can’t afford to disappear for a few weeks or sporadically show up here and there. Here’s a few things you should do daily: